PMAL is a managing agent at Lloyd’s which is responsible for the management of syndicate 1884. PMAL is owned by the Premia Group, a legacy reinsurance provider with businesses in Europe, Bermuda and USA.
PMAL is committed to ensuring that there is no Modern Slavery and human trafficking in any part of our business or supply chains. We have assessed our exposure to the risks of Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking in any part of our business or supply chain and believe it to be low. Our assessment identified four main areas of potential exposure:
– Supply Chain: PMAL is a Lloyd’s managing agent . Unlike large retail or manufacturing organisations we do not have a complex supply
– Recruitment: We have clear recruitment procedures and offer equal opportunities to all employees.
– Third-party labour practice: This includes recruitment agencies, contractors and third-party companies providing services to the agency. Our due diligence and selection processes mitigate the risk of exposure to practices involving human trafficking or modern slavery.
– Procurement: PMAL has an Outsourcing Policy in place which includes a due diligence process on preferred suppliers. PMAL also aims to ensure that third party suppliers comply with the Modern Slavery
We implement policies applying to all employees, officers, contractors and temporary staff including:
– Code of Business Conduct and
– A set of HR policies dealing with recruitment practices, diversity and inclusion, and equal opportunities Whistleblowing
All staff are made aware of the above policies and must confirm they have read and understood them both on joining the business and annually thereafter . We will continue to assess the potential exposures going forward
This statement was approved by the Board of Directors of PMAL:
Chief Executive Officer
Premia Managing Agency Limited 24th March 2021